Shawn's most excellent Twittering
I’ve been receiving so many useful links and comments via Twitter from Shawn Callahan at Anecdote that I thought better put some of ’em up here, both to share them, and as somewhere to record them before they scroll off the Twitter list!
Most are around themes on narrative-knowledge and business-storytelling: I’ve expanded the links and added a few comments in [..] where appropriate.
- <post> Having difficult conversations
[post from Anecdote about how to handle needed conversations on difficult business topics]
- Just finished a storytelling coaching session. Reinforced the idea that stories beget stories
- You can’t beat a story with facts. Only a story can trump a story. Most important in change programs. We need a new story to replace the old
- The pitfalls of trying to create a collaborative workplace
[article ‘Getting Togetherness” from The Economist, 7 Apr 09]
- The culture of collaboration – article in InsideKnowledge
- <post> As a business person, why care about storytelling?
[post from Anecdote blog]
- Locations for our storytelling workshops in London in June are now locked in
[Shawn is running a set of workshops in London on ‘Business story-listening and story-telling]
- “The shortest distance between two people is a story.” Terrence Gargiulo
Thanks for those, Shawn – much appreciated. 🙂