A week in Tweets: 30 May – 5 June 2010
It’s been another week, unpleasantly tumultuous in places, but the Tweets go on regardless! 🙂 So here’s another week’s collection, usual headings, usual ‘Read more…’ link.
Enterprise-architecture business-architecture and business-strategy in general:
- oscarberg: Blogged: These are the times for explorers http://goo.gl/fb/ar54L <…and hence also for mapmakers? #entarch #bizarch
- oscarberg: @tetradian uncertainty forces us to draw the map as we go along, we can’t draw a complete map of the future
- oscarberg: RT @leeprovoost: Proximity Wormholes: How the Social Web Enables Intimacy at Scale http://bit.ly/c6zy1X < #e20 etc – also how to model this in #entarch?
- oscarberg: Blogged: Why culture comes first and technology second http://bit.ly/aZ8HHK #e20 #AIIM < #togaf/#entarch also please note?
- (via @SAlhir) Outspend the competition? or outculture them? Pixar’s edge is its culture http://bit.ly/5NhbLm #entarch #bizarch (2008 article – may be outdated after Disney ‘takeover’ of Pixar)
- ironick: cool. luv 2 c the deck. RT @eda__c: @ironick I will introduce enterprise-wide Design framework at #irmeac in London http://bit.ly/b5t5lp <one to watch for – looks interesting… #entarch
- kdierc: RT @MichaelEPorter: ‘Companies can benefit their communities simply by doing more business close to home.’ in BusinessWeek, http://bit.ly/9OceFg <Michael Porter on community as part of business-ecosystem #csr #entarch
- unorder: RT @DanielPink: Bob Sutton reveals “12 Things Good Bosses Believe”… http://bit.ly/cuCOdo via HBR.org <recommend #entarch
- rettema: I like http://thestartuptoolkit.com #BMGEN <very nice online/live extension/adaptation of Business Model Canvas etc #bizarch #entarch
- ironick: RT @jasecoop: Great bunch of articles @ DottCornwall on #designthinking. Looking fwd to reading them all http://bit.ly/bevVNR
- CreatvEmergence: Unleashing innovation – Palindromic Queries – http://slidesha.re/bMbEbw – on SlideShare (via @openworld) <odd… not quite sure of the point… interesting, though
- BeyondEA: New post: Enterprise Architecture as Competitive Differentiator http://bit.ly/c16FT2
- CreatvEmergence: RT @getstoried – Four #Storytelling Genres Of Brand Re-Invention http://j.mp/b9PcTq <interesting twists on story-genre – useful examples for #bizarch #entarch etc
- gkathan: Enterprise Architecture and Zombies http://bit.ly/c0YfeF <amusing twist by @adrianrcampbell on Gartner’s ’10 #entarch pitfalls’
- thoughttrans: RT @ThisIsSethsBlog Surely not everyone http://bit.ly/dxm0sp <Seth Godin’s ‘linchpin’ theme: good points also for #entarch #bizarch
- theopengroup: RT @naudine: Enterprise Architecture is not the glue between IT and “The Business”. EA is the glue between Strategy and Execution. ^gb <keyline for a long-running discussion on LinkedIn
- tetradian: <post> ‘Tackling uniqueness in enterprise-architectures’ http://bit.ly/9b9ciK #entarch #bizarch #csm
- CreatvEmergence: RT @KedgeForward – @chris23 and @ehooge discussing Emerging Cityscapes on KedgeForward blog – http://bit.ly/bQLUoS < #futures – context for #entarch #bizarch etc
- ironick: +1 RT @rotkapchen @eda__c We 1st need 2 get IT 2 hire real architects/designers & not tool jockeys. Balance thinking&doing: out of balance.
- business_design: RT @RosabethKanter: Get invited once on promise. Get invited back because show can contribute. Get important when make whole team look good.
- jdevoo: RT @whiteafrican: Great post on BP oil spill from the guy behind @BPglobalPR – http://bit.ly/dC3fyq <a textbook example of the role (and impact) of the committed anticlient #entarch
- oscarberg: RT @EskoKilpi: Work is mostly a badly designed game http://bit.ly/7M3K2J > another great post
- CreatvEmergence: Practices unleash creativity in a given time. Principles set framework 4 a sustainable creative culture. Both are needed.
- joyce_hostyn: RT @chuckfrey: The Situationally Aware Business by @steverubel: http://dlvr.it/1RBHh (via @danavan) <trendtracking online with Twitter, Facebook, Google Trends etc
- craighepburn: RT @ghensel PSFK: Future of #Retail http://bit.ly/aPPL8s #socialbusiness <also #futures for #bizarch #entarch #mobility – 80pg slidedeck by analysts PSFK
- ironick: RE: @tekrati Thanks for the mention. If anyone wants to see more details, check out the following. My hybrid thinking … http://disq.us/dosel <a more permanent link to Gartner / Nick Gall’s ‘hybrid thinking’ model for #entarch
- enterprisearchs: RT @alexcullen: How would you sell business architecture to your CEO? #entarch #itf10 http://bit.ly/dlDHwU
- oscarberg: Why is the future always visualized in either black or white? Why are there no sci-fi movies with lots of colors? <same could also be said of #entarch / #bizarch futures?
- theopengroup: RT @leodesousa: Building on ‘The Right Stuff’ http://bit.ly/9en1Dt <on people-skills etc for #entarch
Narrative-knowledge, knowledge-management and in-person collaboration:
- unorder: Good questions can be the starting point for good sensemaking. You only know what you know when you hear yourself say it.
- joyce_hostyn: Forget logic. Use story, conflict, inner journey. Great preso on using storytelling for presentations http://bit.ly/a5iBDu <very good slidedeck on using the ‘hero’s journey’ structure in business-storytelling – strong recommend
- SAlhir: RT @joankw: The 5 Habits of Employees That Produce Happy Customers http://bit.ly/af8ySy Excellent post by @JohnAssaraf <be customer-centred, don’t assume, be involved, use resources, think long-term
- thoughttrans: Change This – Brainwashed: Seven Ways to Reinvent Yourself http://bit.ly/9OVRJJ <useful ‘manifesto’ from Seth Godin – do work that matters: connect, be generous, make art, acknowledge the lizard, ship, fail, learn
- CreatvEmergence: Turning an “or” into an “and” expands the creative playing field // Emergence happens where the visible and the invisible meet.
- unorder: A 20 minute podcast on leadership storytelling http://is.gd/czeLN (via anecdote blog) <insightful, practical
- unorder: Why Change Is So Hard: Self-Control Is Exhaustible by Dan Heath http://is.gd/cA6ZC <useful Fast Company video that explains why change can literally be exhausting
- CreatvEmergence: Applied Improvisation Network (AIN) – http://appliedimprov.ning.com
Enterprise 2.0, social-media and online-collaboration:
- oscarberg: Enterprise 2.0 : selling fun to people who need it but won’t buy it http://bit.ly/a4uz7l by @bduperrin #e20 <insightful.. – a stealth-approach to the problem of “you come here to work, not play!” response to E2.0
- hebsgaard: RT @enterprisetwo: #E20 Social Business and Next-Generation CIOs – Exploring The Macro Conditions. By Dion Hinchcliffe http://url4.eu/3s6Mx [feb2010]
- oscarberg: Recent news on document co-authoring from @collabguy http://bit.ly/cqxcnA <useful guidelines for effective collaborative writing (also linked article to ‘the four Ps of effective collaboration: Purpose, People, Process, Place’)
- oscarberg: E2.0 Power Term: Sharing http://bit.ly/avpVKs by @rotkapchen #e20 <also inverse: the failings of ‘intellectual property’ (an ‘anti-power’ term?)
- oscarberg: Finally, the #e20 conversation is more about culture. Many good posts on this subject lately. <E2.0 at last starting to understand what ‘social’ really means – i.e. whilst it’s ‘not not about the technology’ (McAfee), it’s first and foremost about people
- oscarberg: RT @dhinchcliffe: Defining Social CRM http://bit.ly/9vo1jm Nice summary by @peterkim #scrm <follow the links… useful stuff
- oscarberg: A social media strategy is a way for old-school CMO’s to keep social media away from the heart of their marketing strategy // It’s quite common for orgs to have a media strategy -> these orgs also create a social media strategy. Where’s the purpose? // A tool is just a tool, a media is just a media. It’s your purpose that should define how to use them.
- oscarberg: RT @marsyk: The difference between Collaboration and Social Networking is Discovery. In C you know the people, in SN you’ll discover new ones. #tekesdtp
- oscarberg: RT @CoreyWebster: Another reason Sales needs Enterprise 2.0: http://fwd4.me/RYh #e20 #storytelling <real story about practical use of in-house #e20
- CreatvEmergence: RT @VenessaMiemis thanks @gavinkeech for beautiful junto portal design http://www.gavinkeech.com/junto-portal/ <further developments on the #junto social-collaboration project – looks good!
- oscarberg: It is all about People – which one are you? http://bit.ly/9QMOE8 by @hannskk #e20 #AIIM <8 stereotypic behaviour-types in context of #E2.0
Technical-architectures and IT matters in general:
- theopengroup: Adventures in Computing: Architecting the Health Enterprise with TOGAF 9 http://ow.ly/1Q8Dg <on takeup of TOGAF in the UK NHS context
- bartleeten: RT @cebess: HP thinks sensors will lead to TheNextBestThing in computing: http://bit.ly/bZKYkC #itarch #entarch #innovation
- jdevoo: RT @little_springs: interaction fragmentation, and avoiding it http://bit.ly/9EaAf4 >> change the look but take it easy on the feel
Society, culture, business social responsibility and related themes:
- jdevoo: RT @dkorten: The economic hitmen story in 2 minute video. http://bit.ly/a4ldBT <scary, and apparently accurate… ouch…
- davidcushman: RT @stuartwitts: Loving this new tee from @threadless :: “Apathy, Our Country’s Leading Cause of Whatever” http://tinyurl.com/39klgh2 <yeah, right…
- getstoried: The Transparent Economy – big global #csr report by @volans published, I’m a contrib author – http://bit.ly/aUsaVQ #storytelling
- alphalo: hoping to inspire social activists at the us social forum to use the open collaboration model of organizing www.pioneerimprints.com <follow the links to the ‘Encyclopaedia’, including online ‘freemium’ version
- alphalo: The extent to which we are in our bodies (somatically aware) affects our perception and our cognitive abilities // Different economic systems results in different body postures, diff. musculature holding patterns, diff. neural firing patterns. // Center for transformative change essay on social justice and somatics http://bit.ly/bDhDjw // Our degree of embodiment affects our neural patterns. Hence our degree of embodiment affects cognition. // If descartes was embodied when he said ” I think therefore I am” his sense of am-ness would have been much greater // With the same cultural, economic, political system two different groups will evolve differently depending on how embodied they are.
- oscarberg: My best ideas that I use at work are born outside of office hours. Who owns these ideas? <key #fail of ‘possession-economy’
- oscarberg: With social media people have tools that can serve as evidence that they got an idea outside of work before they used it at work // Here’s my idea: if my ideas are free & available for anyone to use, noone can own them -> I can use them as well for whatever purpose // Organizations are obsessed with owning ideas & knowledge // Enterprises should focus on becoming the best environments for ideas to be born, grow and successfully be brought to the market // RT @tdebaillon: “Claiming to own an idea is a political matter, a will to stay in control-and-command logic” // RT @EskoKilpi: “attribution is the new ownership” #ideas
And the magnificent miscellany:
- jdevoo: Mind the gap @tetradian RT @jennifertribe: Jaw-dropping photo. RT @gizmodo: The Gates of Hell Just Opened In Guatemala http://bit.ly/9tDESN <yikes… a vast (and lethal) sinkhole in the middle of a city street following a huge (1m+ rainfall) tropical-storm
- CreatvEmergence: Yet another shout-out for improv – Psychology Today article: Why Improv Is the Best Sex – http://bit.ly/d9FhPt <okay, now translate that into a business context…? 🙂
- CreatvEmergence: Simple Whole Brain Dimensions Dominance chart – how do you think? http://bit.ly/bP1JGD <useful summary/questionnaire (note: may need to click on column to left of text to display the table)
- CreatvEmergence: RT @time The Hidden Secrets of the Creative Mind – TIME http://bit.ly/c7SN9s <interview with psychologist R Keith Sawyer on science and practice of creative processes
Leave a Reply