Architecture-videos schedule – April-June 2019
(Late again with this one – apologies…)
For general reference, here’s the schedule for videos in my weekly ‘Tetradian on Architecture‘ series on YouTube, for 2019 second-quarter:
- Episode 62: ‘Rethinking projects: The Gantt chart‘ (published 04 April 2019)
- Episode 63: ‘Rethinking projects: Complexity and cost‘ (published 11 April 2019)
- Episode 64: ‘Enterprise architecture and enterprise effectiveness‘ (published 18 April 2019)
- Episode 65: ‘What is a product?‘ (published 25 April 2019)
- Episode 66: ‘A question of ethics’ (published 02 May 2019)
- Episode 67: ‘A question of power’ (published 09 May 2019)
- Episode 68: ‘Power and people in enterprise architecture’ (published 16 May 2019)
- Episode 69: ‘Power and response-ability in enterprise-architecture’ (published 23 May 2019)
- Episode 70: ‘Power and enterprise architecture – a checklist’ (published 30 May 2019)
- Episode 71: ‘Enterprise and organisation’ (published 06 June 2019)
- Episode 72: ‘Enterprise architecture – a status-report’ (published 13 June 2019)
- Episode 73: ‘Enterprise architecture – a near-futures report’ (published 20 June 2019)
- Episode 74: ‘Enterprise architecture – a further-futures report’ (published 27 June 2019)
(Note that the future schedule may change if other topics become more urgent.)
All of these are brief (2-4mins) introductions to the respective topic, annotated as appropriate with text or graphics:
None of the videos should be particularly technical – the aim is that they’d be suitable to show to executives, newcomers and other non-technical audiences, to introduce them to key ideas and practices in enterprise-architecture and other related disciplines.
In most cases the description in the respective YouTube page will point to relevant posts in the archives on the Tetradian weblog, or slidedecks on Slideshare, to provide further detail and more-technical explanation. Where appropriate, there’ll also be a credit there to the person who suggested the topic for the video. I’ll also often republish on LinkedIn at least one of the support-articles for the respective week.
Note that subscribers to our Patreon crowdfunding get to see videos four weeks earlier than the dates shown above: for example, this week on Patreon the latest release will be Episode 45, ‘Checklists and complexity’. If you find these videos useful to you, please consider supporting us on Patreon.
A quick note that the new YouTube playlist, titled ‘Tetradian on Tools For Change‘ is, uh, also running a bit late – sorry about that. I’ve had a production problem with creating and patching-in a separate standalone audio-track for several of the videos. Once that’s fixed, there are seven videos pretty much ready to go, providing introductions to key tools in the suite such Five Elements, Holomap, SEMPER, SCORE, and After Action Review. As promised, this playlist will focus on the practical, the ‘how-to’, for the various tools and techniques from the ‘toolkit inventory‘. Watch This Space for further details?